The partial curfew comes into force as of 6pm this evening and will continue until April 13.
The following rules, similar to those in the north, are as follows –
- Parks, playgrounds, sports fields, squares, beaches, etc. all places are closed.
- All places, except supermarkets, pharmacies and other exemption sites, will suspend their activities.
- Sales on the street, public markets, bazaars etc. all places will be closed.
- Citizens cannot enter churches, mosques or places of worship.
- The fire traditionally lit by Christians called ‘lampraça’, which is gathered and lit by young people before the religious holidays, is also prohibited.