Latest Headlines

New Spate of Animal Poisonings

Pet owners have been warned to keep their pets indoors after Animal welfare groups have said that seven dogs were killed by poison or by swallowing sponges soaked in chicken stock that causes an agonising death by expanding in the stomach.

The potentially fatal sponges or suspected poison mixed with food were found in Bellapais, Lapta, Gazimağusa, Güzelyurt and Mormenekşe this week. They are believed to be the cause of the deaths of three pets and four abandoned or stray dogs.

Cyprus Today

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker