Latest Headlines

Investigations Begin on Explosions at Military Camp

Prime Minister Ersin Tatar said that an investigation had been launched to determine the cause of the explosions in a military zone which rocked Çatalköy during the early hours of Thursday morning.

Speaking at a press conference yesterday, Tatar said a series of consecutive explosions occurred at an ammunition depot in a military zone in Çatalköy.

Our military, police, the Civil Defence Organization and Forestry Department immediately rushed to the scene. A crisis centre was set up and all necessary measures were taken”, Tatar said.

The prime minister said that all explosions had ceased by 5 am.

He said that it was fortunate there were no casualties and that 12 people had been slightly injured as a result of the explosions.

All 12 were discharged after receiving treatment at the State Hospital, the prime minister added.

This is an extremely important incident and we need to approach the issue accordingly. The safety of our citizens and property comes first. We shall do everything necessary to ensure that such incidents do not happen again in the future”, Tatar promised.

He also announced that a team of experts from Turkey were on their way to conduct a detailed investigation.

Details will emerge once the investigation is carried out. The radius of the blast covers an area of 200 dönüms (dunams)”, he added.

BRT

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker