Greek Cypriot daily ‘Phileleftheros’ has published details of the alleged road map proposed by Turkish Cypriot President Derviş Eroğlu, ‘Kibris Postasi’ reports.
According to the report, Greek Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades had told the Greek Cypriot National Council of the details of the alleged road map.
‘Phileleftheros’ which had already published an earlier version of the alleged road map made public the five-step road map with minor changes.
According to the newspaper’s report Eroğlu’s “five-step road map” includes:
1. Presentation of documents on all headings apart from the maps under the “Land” heading.
2. Give-Take process to start by the end of August and during the same period negotiators to hold cross-visits in Greece and Turkey.
3. Leaders to meet with UN SG Ban Ki-moon in the framework of UN General Council. The meeting to take place in autumn, most probably in New York and during the meeting leaders to have the multilateral conference on the meeting agenda.
4. Dates of the two separate referendums to be determined. Turkish Cypriot side will only then start to discuss the start of the works regarding reopening of Varosha.
5. Two referendums to take place.
‘Phileleftheros’ also wrote that Anastasiades will be responding to these proposals at the leaders meeting which is scheduled to take place on 24th of July.