Deputy PM and Foreign Minister Kudret Ozersay, has said that the committee which will carry out the inventory study announced by the government for the fenced-off city of Varosha/Maras held its first meeting on Friday.
In a post on his social media account, Ozersay announced that others would be added to this team. “I think that next week will be very intense and that afterwards we will pass to the point of working on the ground”, he noted.
Meanwhile, Turkish Cypriot newspaper Kibris reports that Ezcan Ozsoy, chairman of the Foundation for the Protection of the Environment and Cultural Heritage, has stated that his organisation wanted to participate in the inventory study launched by the government.
In statements during a visit to the paper, Ozsoy said that the foundation had drones which could take three dimensional pictures and at the same time transmit these recordings.
He noted that they had conveyed to Prime Minister Ersin Tatar their wish and ability to support the said inventory study and added that the foundation had been active since 1990 and the participation of foreigners in its administration was legitimated in 2016.
Kibris Postasi, Kibris