Two children were rushed to Nicosia state hospital after eating poison they found in a park yesterday.
The incident happened at Kermiya Childrens Park in Nicosia.
Rat poison had been left in the park, and resembles childrens’ sweets. Two eight year old children ate some of the poison and became gravely ill. Happily, the latest report from the hospital is that they have recovered and are comfortable.
The mother of one of the children spoke to the press yesterday. She said that council employees did not clean up the dustbins in the park. Instead they had distributed rat poison and that this had put some 30 children in danger.