Turkey sustained another bomb attack when a suicide car bomb blast killed 13 soldiers and injured 48 others today in the city of Kayseri.
The attack was targeting a bus carrying military personnel, the Turkish Armed Forces said.
The soldiers, all low-ranking privates and NCOs were on leave from the commando headquarters in the city of Kayseri, which lies in the centre of Turkey.
The injured were being treated in hospital where there may also be civilian casualties of the bomb blast.
It is thought that as the bus was hit by the blast as it drove by a car which was packed with explosives. The explosion took place near a bus stop on the Erciyes University campus.
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak said on Saturday said that the bus had been deliberately targeted and resembled the twin attacks last week outside an Istanbul soccer stadium.