North Cyprus News | Online News for North Cyprus

Noble to sell off part of its Aphrodite holdings

Noble to sell off part of its Aphrodite holdings

June 02
13:03 2015

US Noble Energy is looking to sell off part of its stake in Aphrodite field. Its Israeli partner, Delek Group is negotiating with Noble to buy an additional 19.9% at a cost of around US$155 million.

Currently, Noble holds a 70% stake in the field located in Bloc 12, off South Cyprus and estimated to contain 4.54 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. Delek, through two subsidiaries, holds the remaining 30%.

However, negotiations are at an early stage and any agreement would require a variety of regulatory approvals, Delek has said.

Reuters

 

Local Weather

Kyrenia, Cyprus
14°
17°
Thu
17°
Fri
17°
Sat
14°
Sun
Weather from OpenWeatherMap

Lira Exchange Rates

USD
USD
3.7913
EUR
EUR
4.6725
GBP
GBP
5.3027

Upcoming Events

  1. Exhibition of Turkish Cypriot Artists

    January 25 @ 9:00 am - February 23 @ 5:00 pm
  2. 112 Afternoon Tea

    February 21
  3. Whirling Dervish

    February 21
  4. North Nicosia Walking Tour

    February 21